Water (1 gallon)
Dried hibiscus flowers (20z)
Cinnamon stick (1 oz)
Sugar or piloncillo (Raw sugar) to taste
Pitted dry prunes
– Pour water into a large pot. Add hibiscus flowers and cinnamon sticks. Bring to boil.
– Stir and remove the hibiscus flowers and cinnamon sticks from the pot.
– Add sugar (or raw sugar ‘piloncillo’) to taste. Stir and dissolve.
– Add the hawthorn apples (tejocotes), tamarind, prunes and sugar cane pieces. Cook over a slow, rolling boil until the fruit is cooked.
– Cut the PREMIUM GUAVA into halves and then into 2 little pieces each half.
– Cut the apple and the sugar cane into small cubes and add them to the pot. Stir to combine and let simmer for at least 30 minutes.